Marketing and Communications Program Manager
TEDMED is the independent health and medicine edition of the world-famous TED conference, dedicated to “ideas worth spreading.” TED Talks have been viewed online over two billion times around the world. TEDMED is a 501c3 Public Charity.
Created by TED’s original founder, TEDMED convenes and curates extraordinary people and ideas from all disciplines both inside and outside of health and medicine in pursuit of unexpected connections that accelerate innovation in health and medicine. Best known for its annual event, TEDMED is a year-round global community.
We are looking for an ambitious Marketing and Communications Program Manager. This role will be based at our headquarters in Stamford, CT and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Marketing and Communications Program Manager is responsible for supporting our writing, marketing and communication efforts across the TEDMED brand and collaborating with program and community managers (The Hive, TEDMED Live, Research Scholars, Delegate Relations etc.) to ensure a unified, active and provocative voice across all TEDMED’s marketing and social media networks (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.) and outbound communications.
- Create and execute social strategies ensuring TEDMED continues to be viewed as an important voice and a powerful health and medicine communication platform.
- Attract, engage and grow a broad, multidisciplinary audience through targeted outreach and partnership.
- Write and edit ongoing messaging for newsletters, internal copy, event promotion, press releases and other marketing communications.
- Develop new content as well as repurpose and distribute existing content via social channels, TEDMED.com and TEDMED’s blog.
- Create monthly editorial calendar to support larger content and community engagement plans in line with larger talk-release and event promotion content plan. Collaborate with program managers (i.e. Stage Program, The Hive, Research Scholar, TEDMED Live, Delegate Relations, Partnerships etc.)
- Monitor discussions and trends within the community, identify and report conversation or usage trends, and advise on potential opportunities.
- Promote and evangelize community activities internally.
- Manage Research Scholar and Volunteers Facebook Pages and engage year-round.
- Partner with content and design team to ensure consistency in branding, tone, and messaging.
- Craft email marketing messaging consistent with the TEDMED brand voice and tone.
- Manage and optimize the TEDMED brand’s social media and marketing presence.
- Dive into data (both quantitative and qualitative), understand metrics, look at trends and find actionable insights to be used to improve our overall engagement online.
- 5-7 years of marketing/social media experience and professional health communications experience.
- Experience contributing to and managing social media across health publishing platform strongly desired.
- Superior writing ability with demonstrated experience writing for all types of marketing communications (digital, social media, advertising).
- Expert in social media platforms including, but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs) and Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience copyediting and proofreading.
- Prior event experience a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting weekly and extended deadlines.
- Intellectually curious and a passion for health and medicine.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, take initiative and maintain a “get things done” approach.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- Working understanding of the public health landscape a plus, Masters of Public Health desired.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Stamford, CT (TEDMED Headquarters)
Full health insurance with dental reimbursement
Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
Open office and collaborative environment
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
This position is a full time position and is located in Stamford, CT. Given the collaborative nature of the TEDMED team, candidates wishing to work remotely will not be considered. This position will start in July 2019.
Please send cover letter, salary requirement and resume to: Careers@tedmed.com.